The Liebster Award!
I joined a blogging group for new bloggers. Eric Gamble of The Bucket List Project, an awesome travel blog, reached out to the group to find nominees for the Liebster Award. Later that day I received word that I was one of the 10 bloggers chosen to receive this award! If you’ve never heard of The Bucket List Project, it’s a blog where Eric shares his mission to tackle his own bucket list, while inspiring other’s to tackle theirs. Not convinced you should give it a read? Think again – I was inspired to start a bucket list just from his “About Me”. Thanks for the award, Eric 🙂
Never heard of the Liebster Award?
Don’t worry, neither did I until now. But after doing some research I came up with this: The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s basically a way for newer blogs to gain exposure while supporting one another through this blogging thing we’re all doing. Because it’s way harder than you’d think.
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award and choose to accept it, here’s what you have to do:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site.
- List the rules of the award in your blog post & display an image of the award. Then write a post about your nomination on your blog.
- Answer the questions your nominee has asked in their blog post.
- Nominate 5-10 other deserving new bloggers for the award and ask them 10 questions of your choice.
- Revel in the winning of the Liebster Award!
My Liebster Award Questions & Answers
These are the questions that I received from Eric at The Bucket List Project.
- Of these four Wizard of OZ characters, which do you most resemble in your own life & why?
- The Protagonist (Problems just happen when you’re around.): Dorothy
- The Brains (You think of ways to avoid/escape problems.): Scarecrow; Definitely Scarecrow. Not that I’d call myself the brains of the situation, but I’m usually the planner/list maker/problem solver. I get major anxiety when something doesn’t have a solution, so I think (obsess) about it until it’s fixed.
- The Heart (Everyone loves your spirit when problems occur.): Tin Woodman
- The Hero (“Who’s a coward now that your problem just got REAL?”): Cowardly Lion
- What is a scary moment you’ll never forget? Almost 2 years ago I was admitted to the hospital with absolutely no clue what was going on with me. I was there for almost a week before I had a solution, and another week after that before I could go home. I remember being terrified about what my future was going to look like.
- What is a Bucket List item you have already completed and why was it on your list? Graduating with my Bachelor’s degree! My mom and dad told me from a young age the struggles they had due to not having a college degree, and how important it was for me to get one. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college.
- What is the #1 travel destination item on your Bucket List and why? I would love to go to Greece. I’ve always thought it was beautiful, love the food, and admittedly think it probably has something to do with watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Don’t judge me.
- What is the #1 Non-travel item on your Bucket list and why? To write a book. I’ve always said I would and I’m determined to complete it.
- Pick one photo with a good story and tell it!
This is the story of our engagement. It started out with a 24 hour road trip with my now husband and our two best friends. We drove from FL to NY in one day. By the time we got to NY we were all exhausted and stinky (have you ever driven in a compact car with two grown men? gross). Anyway – the last thing we wanted to do was head into the city. But J insisted. So on the train we went. It turned out to be a beautiful night, and once we got into the city we were actually all excited to be there. J was adamant that we had to go to Rockefeller first, so we did. I remember how annoyed he was getting with me every time we stopped to take a picture or do something else. All the while I’m thinking “chill out cranky pants, you’re the one who brought us here”. We finally made it to the tree just as it started snowing. While we set ourselves up to take a picture in front of the tree I kept letting everyone in the world walk in front of us saying “no it’s ok, go ahead”. Little did I know I was literally delaying my ENGAGEMENT. J got down on one knee and proposed. My response? “Are you joking, I’ll punch you in the throat if you’re kidding”. No seriously, we got it on video. We spent the rest of the night in a state of euphoria brought on by our new engagement. On second thought it could’ve been from the $400 worth of Italian food and wine we consumed afterward. Either way, it was the bomb.
- How do you find inspiration and get new ideas for your blog? I drink a lot of coffee and let my 2 year old lead the way! I’m only half kidding. But my blog is basically about my life, so anything that’s going on in my family you’re likely going to see it on my blog. Whether that’s a new smoothie recipe, or my struggle with loving someone through addiction, I’m aiming to bring light and love back into every situation (both good and bad).
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written? Because my blog is only 2 weeks old, I don’t have a ton of posts to choose from. The most honest one I wrote: How loving an addict has made me a better parent. And the one that’s probably the most helpful to others: 10 Tips if you married a police officer (and have no clue what’s going on).
- What is the Craziest or most Extreme thing you have ever done? You’ve never lived on the edge until you’ve eaten raw fish at a swim up bar in Mexico.
- What is your favorite and least favorite candy bar? Favorite candy bar – Hershey’s with almonds. Least – Milkyway. Like ew, what’s the point?
My nominees for the Liebster Award:
- FRWDMVMNT – Erika takes you on her journey to achieving physical, mental, and emotional wellness. Now, she’s on a mission to help others rediscover their passions and create their happiest and healthiest selves.
- Modern Day Hippie Mama – Sam Palmer has a passion for organic wine, profanities, and being a Mom. She has 4 beautiful daughters, a dog, and that guy she lives with. They live on the West Coast of British Columbia amongst other Birkenstock wearing, home brew guzzling folk.
- STU Crew Fun – Mindy is a former Police Wife, business owner, mama, and home schooler! She shares family stories, funny pictures, and is totally entertaining!
- The Adventure Mom – Ashton is a mom of 3. I’m exhausted just thinking about that. She’s a self-proclaimed go-with-your-gut average mama who loves creating happy memories with her kids and finding the adventure in every day life.
- DIY Family Garden – Hannah is an Iceland native living in Denmark. She aspires to one day own a farm for foster children where they can learn gardening, farming, mechanics, etc in a loving environment. She chronicles her time as a mama of two and wife.
- Gingylove – Meg is a young mom who married her high school sweetheart that has knack for crafts and all things in the kitchen. She loves watching her daughter sleep, taking trips to Disney, and is a planner addict searching for planner peace.
- The Messy Bun Mama – Morgan is a 20 year old wanna-be 4th grade teacher, a leggings as pants advocate, a Friends enthusiast, and a lover of God. She had her son at 18 and married the love of her life two years later.
- Fantastically Florence – Amber is a wife to one and mama to three. She’s a Target lover, picture taking machine and coffee lover who likes trying new things.
They’re each a great read, so make sure you check them out.
Questions for my nominees:
- Which element (earth, wind, fire, water) best describes your personality and why?
- What quote, scripture, or mantra do you live by?
- Tell a story about the most defining moment in your life.
- What’s your favorite parenting (or babysitting for the non-mama’s) hack?
- What’s your go-to road trip snack?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- Who is your greatest advocate/motivator?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What’s one thing your readers don’t know about you?
I’m looking forward to hearing from all of the nominees. And thanks again, Eric!
Not following Momming with Grace on Social Media? Don't miss out!
Love this post? Click the icon below to share.